Friday, May 30, 2008

Interview with "Tucson Querido" blogger Eva Romero


Eva Romero is the creative voice behind the blog Tucson Querido - in the running for best local blog! I asked her a few questions:

How long have you been blogging?


I popped the blog cherry in November, 2005 – 181 posts ago.

Why do you blog?

Working on Tucson Querido gives me immense pleasure. I’m driven to explore, so when I moved to Tucson I set out to see and do everything. The blog became an excuse to keep going out, (“You could blog about it!”). I’m a researcher and I actually enjoy collecting data, so Tucson Querido became an archive of interconnected info. After visiting a place I further my own experience of it by finding out more “back story” online and incorporating it into the post. I also love photography. Tucson Querido is a convenient way to exhibit my work. Like many, I get a kick out of telling stories and painting pictures.

In essence I maintain Tucson Querido for selfish reasons, but I really do consider my audience when it comes to the writing. I try to keep the language honest, to the point, humorous and colorful.

Do you read other people's blogs? Other Tucson blogs?
I do visit other people’s Tucson blogs. I especially like the Local Couple’s Guide to Tucson, and Tucson Daily Photo. Also, there used to be this young Tucson cop’s online journal that was really candid and fascinating, but I think he deleted it because I can’t find it anymore.

What are some of your querido Tucson spots?


There are some places that I hold very close to my heart due to their intrinsic characteristics but also because of experiences lived in those places. In Tucson: Rincon Heights (my ‘hood), The Tanque Verde Swap Meet, Hotel Congress, Reid Park, Bookman’s, Signal Hill, Gates Pass. In Arizona: Mount Lemon, The Salt River, Jerome.

No comments: