Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We Are What We Eat




I'm involved in a project called We Are What We Eat. It's a collaboration between the Community Food Bank and NEW ARTiculations that uses modern dance and community stories to reveal how food connects us to each other, our environment, and our everyday lives.


We were asked to write about an important food story and I decided to write about my passion for food art - taking pictures of food, fake food, reading about food, and more. Here are a few of the food art things I'm crazy about:


Kogepan - "I am a burnt bread and certainly, nobody wants to buy me. I felt lonely and upset. I thought to myself that my life as a bread was very meaningless. I was so disillusion that my eyes turned white.


the writings of Pulitzer-prize winning food critic Jonathan Gold
(the only food critic to ever win a Pulitzer)










WHAT IS YOUR FOOD STORY?





No comments: