Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bento Mania!


I recently came across the online universe of bento mania. Here some of the cool blogs and sites out there:


Lunch In A Box - the author of this blog makes amazing things out of sausages and quail eggs.


Face Food: The Visual Creativity of Charaben - Charaben are uniquely crafted character bentos, popular in Japan. This blog is the online companion to Christopher Saylers book, Face Food: The Visual Creativity of Japanese Bento Boxes.


Obiwan Bento Photos - A great collection of bento photos. I can't believe someone actually makes all of these on a regular basis!

1 comment:

jenzai studio said...

I need a bento box!
How is it that I've been shopping at Asian food stores for years and have never heard the term? I'm always such a sucker for all the cool tuperware-esque things sold there, especially ones with cute little
Japanese or Korean characters on them.
The thing that really struck me about the pictures on one of the links you posted was how huge the portions seemed. I can't imagine eating that much for lunch! I think I need a smaller bento box.
Now I'm on the hunt...
Thanks, Julie!